Is there a politics for dummies?

I'm just wondering. I need to get more involved with politics but a lot of it bores me because i don't understand it- or it's just boring. how do you get into politics?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Meh. A lot of it is boring. When you start paying attention more, though, you will find a few issues that grab your attention, and then you will find yourself much more involved. It's kind of like reading...many people say they hate reading until they find a book they really like. Then they're hooked!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Started watching the news....then looking up what THEY were saying online to get more sides and more specifics. Joined groups and started talking and LISTENING on forums like this :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Make sure that you decide for yourself what you believe and what you think is right so that when elections roll around you know who you will vote for (which means actually researching what the candidates stand for).
    Anonymous

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I got involved because I decided I wanted to vote. To pick a candidate, I had to learn, so I listened, read, and watched the History Channel until things made sense.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Just watch Fox News.
    Anonymous

• I wish I could send you to my Mamo! Bless her heart she is in a nursing home now and no longer has any interest in politics. I first became interested while watching the Democratic convention when Carter won the nomination..(poor Mamo was a lifelong tow the line Dem until Obama). She had decades of info to share.

She also made me learn the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. She said without those everything else was meaningless. I would start with these 2 documents. You should also visit the library.

Enjoy, politics can be fascinating and addicting!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2010