Has anyone ever had a portrait painted? What was the process, and how much did it cost?

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 5:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That all depends on the artist. Usually they charge by how detailed you want it to be plus maybe how long it will take them. I hang out with artist and they usually charge about 100.00 bucks for a detailed sketch that takes about an hour. It would be more for a painting of course. But that is only the artist I know. You could probably find an art teacher at a high school or college that would know local artist that could help you out.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I have plenty of painted portraits but that's the perk I get for marrying an artist. My best friend, who went to the same school as my husband, doesn't charge much to paint portraits if you provide the picture because it's really easy for her to copy them. The last job she did she got paid about nine hundred dollars but it was a really cool painting of a unicorn and princesses and things like that for someones daughter. The size you want is also a factor obviously the bigger it is the more it'll cost you.
    Anonymous

• This is an awesome question.
    I have an old copy of a photo of my mom....about 4x6 I think.....and I would LOVE to have it copied as a hand painting into an 8x10 size so I could hang it on the wall.
    She died when I was a girl and I don't have many things to remember her by and I would love a larger photo or portrait to look at. She was so beautiful!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2010