were you or friend around 300 lbs and pregnant?

My really close friend just found out she is pregnant. She is really excited, and I don't want to rock her boat, but she is nearly 300 lbs. When I was pregnant I thought I remembered reading that it was hard to get preg/ easier to MC at extreme high and low weights. Along with diabetes and preeclampsia, hyper tension, etc. Did you or anyone you know begin carrying at this weight? how did the pregnancy go or turn out?
I hate to say this, but i need advice in talking to her too. SHe has reallly let herself go the past few years. SHe is addicted to fast food, and really has no interest in eating healthly during her pregnancy. She never exercises.. not even walking at the mall. I think she may have gained the weight because of depression, and maybe is so inactive and tired all the time because of a medical reason. (maybe thyroid?) but no one know because she refuses to ever see a doctor! I really love her. she is my BFF. HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Im not afraid to help. But as I have watched her gain this weight, she just doesnt care. she doesn't take any advice. She is very stubborn. I will do what you said and give her the facts, I only hope she listens. Thanks for the help. Any ideas on where to get the best info?
    Oh, and i can already tell that she is going to say "You aren't allowed to lose weight when youre pregnant." Which i know she shouldn't "diet" while pregnant... but how can i convince her that leaving behind fast food isnt' necessarily a "diet". lol.
    Anonymous

• When I got pregnant, I was like 296..... It actually made me scared and I started eating healthier and walking..... It also helped having friends and a husband that wanted to help me and not make me feel bad! :) My pregnancy was great! NO problems at all!!!!! I only gained 25lbs!!!! My friend who was like a size 6 gained like 70lbs because she ate whatever she wanted, and cant loose ot now, me I have lost almost all the baby weight and still trying ( I just had my little girl 4 months ago). And Im not a usual fat person, I dont have any health problems and never have..... I would just sit down with her and tell her that you wanna help her to start to eat healthy so that the baby is healthy..... Dont be mean to her or she will never change! :) Good luck!
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 6:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I would imagine her doctor will have something to say about her weight and being pregnant. I would hope they would have a lot of information for her and want to help her be healthier for her and the baby. I had a BFF in the same situation and honestly unless they want to be healthy and loose the weight there is really nothing you can do. Believe me I tried every approach for years, even the I'm so worred about your health approach, it has to be their choice. Maybe offer to get a gym membership together. Good luck!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I was 305lb when i got pregnant. My pregnancy was awesome. The only prob i had was diabetes, which runs in my family very very heavily. It wasnt due to my weight. I was able to keep my blood sugar under control with diet alone, so the diabetes wasnt bad at all. I hardly gained any weight. i actually delivered at 306lb and by my 6 week post partum check i was down to 272lb. My doc wasnt at all concerned with my weight. My son was healthy as a horse.
    Anonymous

• Wow.... Why are people so harsh on this site? You dont have to be mean to get your point across..... Being rude doesnt help anything or anyone!
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 8:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Alright, I'm glad to hear you are so concerned about your friend, that's awesome.. She does need to stop eating fast food, and make healthier choices.. I am 6'2" and 292 lbs.. pre pregnancy I was 289.. I'm 24 weeks.. Okay so everytime I see my doctor, he suggests walking, and doing light cardio.. so its safe to assume everytime your friend goes to an appt, her dr will be on her about exercising, and blood pressure, and diabetes.. I don't have any of those issues, but I do make it a point to eat very very healthy! and have only put on 3 lbs in 6 months! All you can do is offer to start walking with her, having dinner parties together and helping by making healthy meals?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jan. 4, 2010