Did you drink while underage?

By the time I was 21, I didn't WANT to drink any more. I had done enough boozing through high school to last me a life time.

Did you drink in high school or before the age of 21?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 6:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Did I ever! When I was 14, I went to a Catholic girl's school where we had "big sisters" whose primary role was seemingly to provide us with every form of alcohol in existence, all at once. Maybe it was a good thing, cause all I remember was getting majorly sick.

There was also a pizza place in a nearby town that served pitchers of beer no matter your age, so yes we did drink. Also back then driver's licenses were easily altered to get into bars...

In spite of it all, I have never been much of a drinker. I am old enough that the legal drinking age was 18 back then, but yes I had gotten it out of my system by then.
    diospira

Answer by diospira at 11:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Yes, I did. And I don't drink ANYTHING now. Talk about a turn around!
    Anonymous

• i got trashed on new years eve and i'm 20
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 6:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I started bartending at 18, so yeah and I was burnt out on it by 21. I also never really like to drink at a bar, the atmosphere felt like work. I like to share a bottle of wine at a quite restaurant.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• That's the funny thing... I got drunk all the time when I was underage from 16 to 20, then I got pregnant when I was like 4months from turning 21. I haven't wanted to touch Alcohol since then! I just have no taste or desire for it, since I'm a full time mom with no help other than my hubby.
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 6:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Where can a person bartend at 18? My son is 19 & was looking for work at a resturant & the manager said he had no kitchen work but if he was 21 he could have hired him in the bar. I know you can get a liquor license to sell package liquor at stores before you're 21 but never heard of being able to bartend underage.
    Anonymous

• I used to drink all the time before I turned 21...then on my 21st birthday I found out I was pregnant with my son..I still drink from time to time
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Yea, by the time I turned 21, drinking was no big deal.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I am 20 and yes, I do drink. Although I was never into the whole partying thing. I would only ever drink at my sisters who is 8 years older than myself and now I only drink with my husband who is 21.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• To anon :06

In NY you have to be 18 to serve alcohol. Sometimes it much easier to find a bartending job if your a young girl. Mind you this was 11 years ago and most bars won't hire anyone under 21 because they don't want them serving their underage friends..and serving a minor in NY can put you out of business. Your son should check out local catering halls and restaurants. I enjoyed restaurant bartending more, its a better environment and I made more money( people would also order food so bigger bill, bigger tip). In my area most bartenders get good experience in catering halls and they are always hiring.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2010