Do you know the secret for easy to peel hard boiled eggs?

I'd love for you to share it with me.

Farrahann

Asked by Farrahann at 6:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I cook my eggs fo at leat 15 to 20 minutes. then I let them fully cool down, before I peel them. I haredly ever have problems peel them.

Answer by louise2 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• The only trick that I know is placing them in COLD water to prevent the green ring around the yokes.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• you may have over boiled them if the shell isn't coming off easily. Crack up the shell and run it under water to let the water under the shell, then peel it. It should be easier.
    honeybee429

Answer by honeybee429 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• As soon as they're done cooking, remove them from the hot water and immediately put them in iced cold water (this will also keep the yolks from getting that nasty sulfur smelling green layer on the edges). As soon as they're cool enough to touch without burning yourself, gently roll one along the counter to make small cracks, then peel under cold running water. The hot to cold bath will build up steam under the shell and leave a tiny gap between the shell and egg. If you time it right, the running water will get into that gap and pull the shell off for you nearly intact.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I boil mine at a rapid boil for 5 minute then remove them from the heat, cover and let cool down for about 20 min. Then I pour off the water and rinse them in COLD water and let sit for about 5 min. I drain and swirl them around the empty pan. It cracks them and the shells peel right off without a problem.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Yes, I finally figured out how to make perfect hard boiled eggs. Put your eggs in a pot but don't crowd the pot. Cover the eggs with water about 1" over the eggs. Cover. Put on a burner on high heat. When it comes to a rolling boil (about 10-12 minutes) remove the pot from the burner and turn off the heat. Leave it covered for another 10-12 minutes. Run under cool water to coll them down where you can handle them. Crack gently. There's a thin "skin" underneath the shell. make sure you get under that. Run it under cool water if it doesn't peel easily. Over cooking the eggs can give them a very very dry, yucky yolk with the green stuff around it. This cooks them perfectly where the yolks are fully cooked but not dry and grainy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Here is the quickest, easiest way to peel an egg cleanly and perfectly. When the eggs are done pour out the hot water, run cold water into the pot. Under cold running water, take an egg make a crack all arouud the egg. This lets water into the shell, loosening the membrane underneath the shell. Then peel the egg under cold running water, put back into pot. Repeat with remaining eggs. By the time you are done, eggs will probably be cool enough to handle as well!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I do like MikkiMomof2grls does it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• This is how Rachael Ray does it, and it works the best for me too. Put eggs in pan, cover with cold water, put on stove, bring to boil. Once they're boiling, cover pot, turn stove off, set timer for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, dump out the hot water, fill pan with cold water. Let set 10 minutes. Drain. Put lid back on, hold down, and shake pan to crack all the shells. Add cold water. Let set another 10 minutes, then peel eggs.

Also, eggs peel easier if they are NOT fresh - when they've been in your fridge at home for 2-3 weeks they'll peel a heck of a lot easier than if you do it within a couple days of buying!
    Anonymous

• put your eggs in cold water, when they hit the boiling mark, add a pinch of salt, then boil for ten minutes, then turn the heat off, leave covered for another 10 minutes. The salt helps the shell come off very easy!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2010