Do you sometimes hide stuff you buy yourself from your SO?

Say in the trunk of the car, or back of the closet. I'm guilty!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My DH hates when I take excedrin migraine for a head ache, he thinks its bad for you. I would rather not suffer through a head ache. I'm sure there are other things but I can't think of them right now.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I use to do that with my kids. You know how kids are. They will eat any thing that is in the kitchen. So I would hide things in my room.

Answer by louise2 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My stuff is kind of silly. I don't do it all the time, but I'll hide chocolates or other goodies that I either don't want him to eat or so he doesn't know I bought it. Sometimes I'm ashamed at how much sweets I eat, so I hide it.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 6:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• As long as the bills get paid hubby doesn't really care what I buy.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 6:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Every single week, I hide cereal in with the pots and pans. I'm picky about cereal and he's not. He likes fruity cereals, so I buy those for him, and Frosted Shredded Wheat for myself. Then he eats it! I mean - what's his problem? He's got his own dang cereal, which I won't eat!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Nothing that I can think of right off. LIke the PP said, if our bills are paid and we have gas in the cars and good food in the pantry, then I can buy whatever I want. That doesn't normally leave me a lot to play with but I also don't normally buy things for myself either.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I never understand why women feel the need to do this. It is juvenile and deceitful. Unless your SO is abusive and will beat you for buying something (and then you shouldn't be with them in the first place) why on earth would you act this way?
    Anonymous

• My mom did/does that. I watched the fusses over her trying to make him think he was stupid. I always thought it was lying but then she would try to convince us it was only a "white lie". Whatever that means - lying is lying. So, I decided 30 years ago that I wouldn't treat my husband like that or lie to my kids. If I buy something, I tell him. He doesn't tell me what I can or can't buy anyway. It has kept us from having fusses over me lying and trying to convince him he wasn't very observant. It also kept my children from knowing their mom is a liar.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Yeah; I'm not a good liar anyway so if I tried he'd know. His own mom told me not to tell him about a raise I had gotten (before kids) so I could have some 'mad money'!! I was astounded! My own mother had hidden money from my step-dad; I didn't want to live like that. Having to tuck money into pockets of your dresses just to have something for yourself? No thanks. Find a guy that treats you right to begin with and that wouldn't be a problem. Sorry JMHO
    Anonymous

• yes i do but only stuff i know i'll be able to pay for soon.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2010