How can I get my 6yr old to stop having peepee accidents?

My son Caleb has been potty trained for years but for some reason he will not take a break from what he is doing to go potty. He waits til the last minute and gets pee in his pants I have tried everything (rewards charts, talking to him about how that iss yucky and asking "doesn't that feel yucky?" and many more things) please I hope someone has an idea that I have not tried! Thank you Rose4607

rose4607

Asked by rose4607 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• When you are home set a timer to go off every 15 minutes. When it goes off make him get up and go to the bathroom. Eventually he will be so annoyed that he will get up and go when he has to go.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• as well as being a mother to 2 kids i am also a nursery teacher and have experience in childacare for 9 years...i suggest using the buzzer technique which is fun to do..i give the child a timer and i have one also.i set the both of the with 10 minute intervals.when the 10 minutes is up the buzzer will sound and the child knows its tme to go to the toilet regardless if they need to go or not.to make it fun you can do anything that u wish...such as reward with a sticker or special treat.if your child doesnt work with you to do this you have to take the harder approach of removing him from the area that he is playing in.tough love.i have used the buzzer technique many times and found it very helpful.i also made the children i did this with a speciall book and inside where the stickers the child received each day they participated.it makes it more interesting for the children to make their own sticker books.i hope this is helps
    glasgowmummy

Answer by glasgowmummy at 7:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2010