The Cost Of IUI???

my insurance won't cover it how much would i be looking at out of pocket? For the drugs and the monitering and what not

Lori1818

Asked by Lori1818 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i had an iui done back in the summer..it was a total waste of money..350 to be exact and 45 for the clomid and 2 for the metformin..this did include the sperm washing and everything else though...but please let me tell you of something that worked for me in july! I know this sounds crazy but try spending a few bucks before hundreds ok..there are these cups called instead cups that you get in the tampon and period section of walmart there are several in a box..as soon as you and dh finish the deed dont get up! insert the instead cup and leave it there overnight.....let me give you a lil insite...ok i had the iui in june..and didnt work i have tried for 5 YRS!!! and nothing..i read on cafemom about these cups even tho they are not recommended for this use...i was ovulating on july 18th had sex with dh and immediately inserted the cup..on Aug 4th I GOT MY VERY FIRST BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cont
    Anonymous

• it only cost me around 10 bucks! So worth it now that Im due early april! I wish you luck and hope this helps
    Anonymous

• The drugs can vary. If Clomid works for you that is pretty cheap, but if you get into injectibles they can be quite expensive. I had to use the highest dose of injectibles and the drugs alone cost me about $5k per cycle (no meds were covered by my insurance). Monitoring will vary depending on what meds you take too - with Clomid there may be very few monitoring appointments, but lots with the injectibles (I had at least 6 to 8 ultrasounds with each cycle of injectibles). My insurance did cover some of the costs of monitoring and the IUI, but I still had to pay $50 for each monitoring apointment and $150 for the IUI. I think you'll find costs all over the board; your best bet is to talk to your clinic and see what they offer and what they charge. They may not be able to give you exact figures, but they can give you an estimate based on your situation and expected treatment. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I am paying $950 for the insemination and monitoring. This doesn't include the cost of Hcg trigger shot ($110), clomid ($28).
    megatriguena

Answer by megatriguena at 8:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It varies as you can see from these answers.

I paid $0 for the Femara (a drug like clomid) because there was an online coupon that offered 30 pills for free. I paid $45 for the Ovidrel through Freedom Pharmacy and $150 for the Insemination because my insurance covered 1/2. My office visits were one co-pay which was $45. When I went for my ultrasounds they were covered with the initial visit. I would talk to your physician because sometimes they can tell you how to purchase the drugs at a discount and like mine order it for you through Freedom Pharmacy (they deal only with fertility drugs) http://www.freedomfertility.com/. Your physician MUST call the prescription in.

Hope this helps.
    AzaansMom

Answer by AzaansMom at 8:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2010