do you and your mother in law get along?

Ive been married for 5 and a half years and and my mother in law is weird!! she drives me crazy shes nosiy as all hell and my husband is a mommas boy so i cant tell him how she annoys me or it pisses him off!! Ive tried to be nice to her but shes a drama queen and likes to gossip tells everyone our buisness!! About 2 yrs ago she use to weigh 250 plus then she starved herself litrally and now is 120 lbs 5'9 with tons of saggy skin!! she looks sick! but my point is i would be happy for her but she likes to reb it in my face! I have gained weight 2 kids in a lil over a year!! and she likes to rub her weight in mabye im just bitter! But for christmas i bought her a new outfit cause all her clothes were to big and she tried it on for everyone and told us she didnt like it cause it made her look fat and that the size 5s were to big and showed everyone how big!!] Am i just being jealous and bitter? How can i start to like h

Perdy

Asked by Perdy at 7:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Really Purpul? That is ridiculous. My MIL is a pain in the ass too. My husband is supportive of me though. Yours needs to be for you too. You him and your kids are his nuclear family and his mother is only causes you problems. IF he gets mad then you may need marriage counseling. I would also call her on it, ok I say that but I am a chicken with my own MIL but ideally would love to call her on it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• her?
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 7:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Cant help you..me and my MIL are very close.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Sorry, hit reply to fast. I would just sit your husband down and realy talk to him. Tell him you understand that shes his mother but that your marriage has to come before that relationship now. Hopefully he will come around.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Ignore all the crap she pulls. She is just doing it to get a rise out of you and it's working. I know it's hard but really, ignore her. Your husband is not going to support you so don't give her the satisfaction of letting her know she has pissed you off. I would not tell her anything you don't want everyone else to know, don't go out of your way to give her gifts and if you do give her something, let your husband pick it out. She is jealous that you "stole" her son so you will likely not ever really get along.
    Anonymous

• just be nice to her because its your husbands mom and he loves her
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• you need to be nice about it because she is his mother and he loves her but you also need to calmly explain to him that you two are married and you believe that means you come first. then explain what is happening. if he can't handle that- then you have a real issue on your hands.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 8:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Im so lucky,my MIL,she rocks I LOVE HER SO MUCH...maybe you talk to her with your husband too so that they know how you feel.
    PunkyBabe

Answer by PunkyBabe at 8:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• ive tried t tell her to back off in a nice way and she ran to him and told him i told her to stay out of our lives! and ive tried to tell him that i should b first but his argument is if it wasnt for her he wouldnt be here!!! just sucks i guess
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 11:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2010