CAN ANYONE HELP??

my son has been running a temp scince last sunday night, he started with the croup and that lasted for two days he is now just coughing and not eating well, he is running around playing acting fine his temp has gone up then down broke lastnight now is back.. can anyone help me with some advice? thanks

JTSWIFEY

Asked by JTSWIFEY at 7:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• If he has croup he'll need antibiotics. Take him to the dr or ER. To help relieve some of his cough take him in a steamy hot bathroom. It should break some of it up until you can get him to the dr.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My kid did that. We took him to the doctors they said that it was a bad cough and it will go away. He had a temp, not eating or drinking much, coughing, and had a stopped up nose. MY kid is only 2 years old and they didn't offer any biotic. Its been about 2 weeks and he is fine now. After he got better everyone else got it, My doctor told me it was a sinus infection and it will go away. He didn't give me anything other than nose spray. If you arnt to nervous I wouldn't worry about. A doctor visit wont hurt , but depending how old the kid is I don't think they will give him anything,.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Plenty of fluids, popsicles, humidifier.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• ifd make him an apotment, my lil girl turned out to have an ear infection
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• depends how high the fever....
    lots of fluids, tylenol or motrin, and if in doubt take him in to be checked out
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Is he drinking okay? Drinking is more important than eating... eating will come when he feels better.
    If he's acting fine then I wouldn't worry about it. Fevers can last for several days. How high are the temps? If they are 101 and lower then I wouldn't worry. If he spikes over 103 and it's been a week, then I would bring him in on Monday to the clinic. I don't think you need an ER unless he appears very sick or isn't drinking and is dehydrated.
    admekenzie is wrong, croup does NOT require any antibiotics, it's from a virus.
    With croup a lot of times their throat hurts so offer very soft foods and give motrin and/or Tylenol for comfort about an hour before meal time to see if it helps him eat better.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:51 AM on Jan. 3, 2010