Would you do anything for your DH for Valentine's Day if he just doesn't care?

Last year he didn't get me anything but an unsigned card, so I'm seriously considering not getting him anything this year....save myself the trouble. If you knew your DH wasn't going to do anything, would you bother doing anything for him? It's not a matter of "payback" or anything like that, I just don't know if I should go outta my way if he's not going to bother either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• My husband and I refuse to play into the "valentines day" hype. If your spouse or SO needs to be reminded to tell you he loves you or give you tokens of affection whether they cost 5 bucks or 50,000 there are much bigger issues at stake. Now...if he didn't acknowledge our anniversary...whole other story..LOL.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• NOPE mine doesn't bother so I just don't bother either. Its not pay back because he really doesn't care. He is lucky I go all out with the kids for fathers day and thats more for his kids.
    Anonymous

• We don't really do the Valentine's Day thing here, either. Sometimes we'll exchange cards, but that's about it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My dh gets me flowers every year but it is a birhtdya/ valentines day since my birthday is 3 days after. My dh never wants flowers and will not eat chocolate, so he is getting a sexy pair of underwear this year.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I say do something simple like a nice dinner and buy some flavored gels and try it out on him. Make it fun. And talk to him before hand about you want want. Do you remind him ahead of time? My DH and I normally have a nice dinner and he gets me a few things. sometimes it's simple. Sometimes it's big. But I don't care as long as we have a nice meal and a few special moments it's all good.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Instead of buying him something buy something for yourself. New lingerie (hey thats a gift for him too) or a nice bubble bath set so you can share a bubble bath that night, or something like that. That way you can both benefit. Tell him ahead of time you want to celebrate.He is probably just clueless.
    Anonymous

• I do expect something like flowers even if they are inexpensive or maybe a small box of chocolates or some sexy underwear. But most of the time he doesn't get me anything or even take me to dinner, so I just simply don't bother with it anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I agree with the PP, it's really nice to get something for Valentines day or for a "just because" but if hubby isn't buying you anything, get something you really want for yourself. You deserve it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:04 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I agree to, you should get something for this special day, me, my man can care less, when this is bought to him about something for me for this day, it doesn't matter, i didn't get anything for Xmas so what's the big deal about this. I not happen right now. FJW
    spooner2268

Answer by spooner2268 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2010