How do i get my son to keep his diaper on?

hiya, my son is 2 years old, hes behind in communication skills and he loves to take his diaper off in the middle of the night. so if i tell him don't take the diaper off, he just laughs at me.

we've tried dick tape around the strap part of teh diaper... he learned to slip it off
we put him in zipper footie pajamas ...hes learned to unzip them
and i even put pants on him and then a onzie over top the pants he wont take it off during the day, because i can stop him in time. But if i do it for bed time he has it all off in the morning.
my husband says to spank him and tell him "dont take off your diaper" or something along those lines

but i have no clue what to do >_< and id like to move him from his crib to his bed soon, but not if hes gonna be taking his diaper off in the morning and peeing all over the room.

what do i do?

Lakoia

Asked by Lakoia at 7:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Duct tape.
    Anonymous

• Did you try the one piece pajamas and put them on backwards with the zipper in the back? That's the best trick I know

Answer by missanc at 7:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• potty train, my niece had the same problem at a year old, and my SIL potty trained her.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• my son is 1 yr and he just start doing it today...I dnt know eaither what to do..
    PunkyBabe

Answer by PunkyBabe at 8:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• duct tape lol what she said it sounds so redneck but it so helps cause explaining why a child cannot take of a diaper is just jibber jabber to the kid its pointless son went through this used duct tape after many failed attempts to get it off he stopped
    Anonymous

• I used to put one diaper on my DS the normal way. Then, I would put a second one on him over the first one and I would put it on him backwards--with the Velcro in the back. I also put a pair of underwear on over the diaper b/c he loves to wear underwear, especially since I let him pick out the ones that he wanted. He really likes all the designs on the underwear. Good luck and have a great day!
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I second the potty training, could be a sign that he is ready
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My 15m old LOVES to take off his diaper, but not during the night. We have to keep pants on him, or he takes his off and laughs at us while flinging it around! I really like the pp's suggestion about the PJ's on backwards... and trying potty training as well - during the day. Good luck mama! Hoping you'll have stories to laugh about later :-)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Duct tape all the way around the whole diaper. It won't stretch down and over the hips if done correctly.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 8:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• put his pajamas on backwards

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2010