i have an 18 month old who is cutting teeth but it's only noticable when he is getting ready to have them push through the gums and i was wondering which is better homeopathic remedies or oragel for teething

whit-wit

Asked by whit-wit at 8:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• teething tablets are the best thing ever. My DD actually gets excited when we get them out because they work so well. Orajel dries out and can make it worse.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Little Teethers worked well for our son, Orajel made it worse and then he was afraid of the other stuff because the containers looked similar. We also made and froze pancakes, the cold and texture worked well and it never froze too hard or crumbled. My husband says Brandy but I don't know about that.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 8:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Hylands teething tabs and frozen, damp washcloths worked well for our baby; in rare instances, orajel can cause choking.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• And keep the teething tabs around; they are great for growing pains!!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Orajel is a waste of money! It works 4 5 minutes. Infants Motrin or teething tablets work best.
    Anonymous

• Oragel can make teething worse by making the gums tough.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:29 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Orajel is the worst! I used teething tablets, and when it was REALLY bad a little motrin before bed. Like a charm :)
    kricketsong

Answer by kricketsong at 10:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2010