My Husband is rude to me!

I'm a SAHM but I do pay the utilities here also cable and phone. I cook, clean and take care of our daughter. My husband hasn't always been the romantic type. But he has a short temper and when we argue he curses at me and the other night he called me fat! I didn't talk to him for 3 days. Thing is he tries to make up for it by buying me things or renovating a part of the house. He never apologizes. IDK sometimes I feel like leaving him. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Take a weekend off, i did and he said sorry a million times when i came home sunday night, he said it was harder to do all day. I gave him 2 days of what i go through and he learned real fast since then he cleans the kitchen after dinner and puts the kids to bed if he is home on time
    Anonymous

• talk to him
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Not apologizing is typical male behavior in my experience. They feel sorry for what they have done, but they would lose face if they showed weakness by apologizing, so they show their remorse in other ways. - by helping out or doing things they feel would make amends. I wouldn't press the matter. But he should understand that calling names is not allowed in a disagreement. And if it comes to raised voices, then you two should move to separate rooms until things have cooled off.

Answer by Bmat at 9:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Aw...They often feel because we are SAHM that we don't deserve equal treatment. I don't tolerate name calling well. That would make me want to leave. Mine is no angle he doesn't call me names but he is moody and does stuff without checking with me finacially figuring he pays the bills so why ask me? It angers me. I am a FT student and he helps minimal with the kids. I plan to leave because I am sick of it but with 3 kids its a process! You have to do what feels right if this is new talk to him, tell him how you nfeel and that you won't accept this treatment! If its not knew and you have made effort but he isn't I would consider leaving. Good luck!!!
    Anonymous

• Tell him what you told us.
    Anonymous

• What that I will leave him? I did. lol
    Anonymous

• That's not rude; it's emotional abuse.
    Anonymous