Does your child play with their poo?

My 14 month old son has become fascinated with his poo. I will catch him playing with it, and ocassionally eating his poo. I have been trying to keep clothes on him when we are home so that he will not play with it. He will stick his hands down the back on his pants so he can play with his poo. If you have experienced this. please let me know how you dealt with it.

manno87

Asked by manno87 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It would help if you would clean it up! He wouldn't play with it if his diaper was changed when he poops.
    Anonymous

• Yes everytime I change her dirty diaper she has to grab her poop, so I have to try and hold her hands, hold her legs up, keep her still all while changing her diaper. Doesn't always work. So, when my DH is home he helps me hold her hands and legs and distract her while I change her.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Mine only did it to show me that she did it, it was gross and cute at the same time, she would walk up to me and say mom eww..

But try and put him in onesies
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 9:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• i had a friends child that did that it was alittle phase that he went though there was really nothing she could do about it i mean i think he even put it on the walls a couple of times. Just tell him that it is wrong show him where that kinda of stuff goes and leave it at that it cant last 4 ever good luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I do change my baby's poops. Like this morning I had woken my baby up and changed his diaper. I brought him into the living room to play while I made him breakfast. As soon as I had walked into the living room like 5 mintues after I had changed him, He had already pooped and was in the process of playing with his poop. I didn't ask the question so you could bash my parenting skills. My soon is teething so he is going to the bathroom several times a day. It is hard to constantly monitor it when I turn my back for 5 seconds and he has already pooped and his hands are right in it.
    manno87

Answer by manno87 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Yes i was hoping that my son wasn't the only one that did that. My son in almost two and when he poops in his diaper he sneaks to his bedroom before i know about it and takes his diaper off. One morning I woke up to him spreading his poop all over his bedroom wall and carpet and on my 8month old son. It was a disaster. I think that if he takes his diaper off when he does it that means he might be ready to be potty trained.
    Anonymous

• Well my dad said that he possibly needed to be potty trained because I have had cases before where he would just take his diaper off. Now he is going thought this phase. He is only 14 months old and he isn't talking, so I am concerned about trying to potty train him at this age.
    manno87

Answer by manno87 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• try putting undies over his diaper thats what I had to do with my daughter she wouldn't play in it but the moment she pooped in her diaper she would immediately take it off!! But we just put panties on over her diaper and it worked until we did go through the potty training.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2010