Will my placenta move up by the time I deliver?

Hi, Im almost 25 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and during my last ultrasound (21 weeks) I was told that I have a low lying placenta. I asked my dr if I should be concerned and he said it's nothing to worry about unless it has not moved up by 30-34 weeks, but of course, I cant help but worry. I was wondering if anyone else has had this and what was your outcome? They said its not covering my cervix but it is low... I have a healthy 4 year old now and had him vaginally and Im scared to have a csection. Any advice please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had that too. Mine moved up. My Dr. told us NOT to have sex until it moved up. Dont worry you will be fine.
    Anonymous

• if it is not currently covering your cervix, you should be fine... had this issue with the last one. guess what??? he was a happy, healthy non medicated vaginal delivery in a birth center.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• If it isn't covering your cervix, I wouldn't worry too much. It isn't going to move down, it's only going to move up. I had low-lying placenta verging on partial previa with one of my pregnancies- it caused some problems with bleeding in the first half of my pregnancy but moved up enough by term for me to have a normal vaginal delivery. HTH!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Yes, it can move up. Well it doesnt technically move up, it stays attached to the same place but your uterus can move up. Is your placenta attached to your front (not common) or your back? If its attached to the front, it could cause a problem in a c-section.

Mine was attached to the front and was low (between my belly button and cervix) and I knew that had I had to have a section, I would have had to be put under. They would have had to cut through my placenta to get to the baby and it could have caused alot of bleeding and would have made for a real hurry to get the baby out with or without the bleeding because once the placenta was cut into, the baby would have no oxygen to it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:41 AM on Jan. 3, 2010