OMG I just realized I missed my Pap this year. Is this dangerous?

I can't believe I have done this. First time ever. I had a baby in 2008 and I guess I lost a year somewhere. LOL. I think I was due for my yearly in August 2009 and I am now preg again. Is this dangerous that I have gone 1.5 years and when they do one at my first prenatal appt. will the results be as accurate as if I wasn't preg? Thanks everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• being pregnant shouldn't effect your results at all. It is more common to have an irregular pap when you're pregnant because of hormone changes..but it doesn't mean it won't be accurate. Just let them know you might have missed one and they'll get ya taken care of :) keep on top of them! it can save your life!
    mamalinlin

Answer by mamalinlin at 9:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Don't worry, the dr always does a pap smear during pregnancy no matter what, and as far as it being a lil over a year, I wouldn't worry at all, it causes no harm. You are suppose to get one yearly if you are sexual active but I read recently as long as they come back normal and you have no other complications, they suggest at least getting them every 2 years instead of 1 so I wouldn't worry!
    landensmommy2

Answer by landensmommy2 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I skipped mine too! Hoping I would get pregnant and not have to have 2 done so close together!
    jps85

Answer by jps85 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• You can ask them to do a pelvic exam at your first prenatal because you are over due for your yearly but I don't think they will do a full yearly exam while you are pregnant. Don't worry about it. I've lost track of mine before, as long as you get it done asap. Anyway, you will get more care now that you are pregnant so really dont stress about it. It's fine.
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2010