does anyone make wire earrings? is it expensive to get started?

I'm obsessed with earrings and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to learn how to make them! I was hoping I could get started inexpensively to test the waters. Any advice? Is it expensive to get started??

mamalinlin

Asked by mamalinlin at 9:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can start out very inexpensively. Go to Michael's or another craft store, buy the cheap fish hook wire, a pack of "pin" wire for earrings, a couple of packs of beads you like together and, if you don't have one at home, a wire cutter tool. Put the beads on the pin, at the top of the pin make a little circle, easier if you bend it around something smaller than a pencil, clip off the excess wire and put on fishhook. Don' t be afraid to bend the wire. It gets expensive when you use sterling silver wire and crystal beads.
    Anonymous

• to get started, other what the PP said, heck just go to walmart and buy one of the little kits to get started. That will have instructions to get you started, so it should make it a little easier than just buying all the supplies and starting from scratch
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• The only thing I would add, is that it so much fun that once you get the hang of it, it can become addictive, lol. Have fun!
    pastaplease

Answer by pastaplease at 8:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2010