I am almost 16 weeks and I began experiencing A LOT of pain in my pelvic area. It's right between my private and my thighs, mostly on the left side. Is this normal? Is it too early to be experiencing this pain?

BabyJLoOnTheWay

Asked by BabyJLoOnTheWay at 9:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is most likely round ligament pain I had it it freaked me out, but when in doubt ask the doctor.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• i would call dr just to make sure wouldnt take any chances it is more than likely what truealaskanmom said
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• round ligament pain? Just your bodies way of making room for the bundle of joy.
    Anonymous

• There are ligaments all around your pelvic and pubic bones called round ligaments, they start to stretch a lot around 16 weeks some people don't notice because they have elastic ligaments others it hurts really bad because the ligaments are shorter and it hurts when they stretch. There are some exercises that help reduce the pain and stretching.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I think it is most likely round ligament pain or sciatic nerve pain. Ask your DR to be for sure but I had it all the time with my 1st pregnancy. I could feel it through my epidural during labor. You'll be fine, it's just seriously uncomfortable. Try to stretch as best you can or have you SO massage the area & thigh for you.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2010