Xmas gift or lack there of question.

I bought something small for my best friends kids. Im not working but I wanted to get just a little something for her kids bc I talk to her almost everyday and we've been friends a long time. One of the gifts was for her unborn baby she is 6 months pregnant. I also have never missed a birthday for her duaghter. She didnt buy a gift for my daughter. I was ok with it. Just asking opinions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• If you guys had an agreement to buy each other gifts, then I can understand you being upset.

I like to make small gift bags/baskets for my friends' kids, loaded with small toys and candy/cookies. I honestly spend less than $10 each, if that. I do it just because I want to. I don't expect anything back. One of my friends has a TON of people in her family to buy gifts for, so I understand if she can't spend the extra money.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 10:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• If you guys usually buy for eachothers kids I would think it weird.
    My best friend and I amde an agreement a long time ago that we were bot broke, and to not get anything for eachother or eachothers kids for Christmas from here on out, just to exchange family pics when we get them done. BUT we verbalized that agreement....
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• You should change your mind set in gift giving, in that you don't expect anything back when you give. Or have that conversation in that you two won't exchange gifts of any sorts.

Anonymous

• She didnt buy a gift for my daughter. I was ok with it.

You said you were ok with it so what exactly are you wanting an opinion on?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• the purpose of giving a gift, is GIVING a gift. simple really.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2010