Will my thyroid levels being a little off cause problems for my unborn baby?

Im 25 weeks pregnant and was told last week that my thyroid levels were "a little off" but havent got in to see the dr and wont be able to for 4 more days. About a yr and a half ago before becoming pregnant, I found out I had hypothyroidism and he started me on synthroid right away where in 10 months I lost 98 lbs, my periods straightened out and I became pregnant. My levels have been normal ever since and I continued to take my synthyroid for my sake and the baby's sake and my dr checks my levels every 4-6 weeks and just recently found out they are a "little off" which is what I was told over the phone. Does or has anyone had this problem before? Should I be worried? I mean I go to the dr in 4 days but I cant help but worry... any advice please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am not a Dr so I can't answer this with 100% certainty, BUT I have hypothyroidism and have gone through 3 pregnancies NONE were affected by my thyroid. My levels are/were always changing and synthroid doesn’t work for me and again all my kiddos are fine :)
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 10:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2010