Rash

My 3 year old has had a cold for about the last three weeks. Today she has a rash all around her neck and behind her ears. Rather than spots, it looks more like a bad sunburn. There is no fever, or any other symptoms other than a runny nose, cough and rash. I've looked up all kinds of rashes online, but I can't find anything that starts behind the ears and around the neck and is one rash rather than a bunch of bumps. I'm thinking of taking her to the ER tonight, but if it's not that serious I'll just take her to the doctor in a few days. Can anyone help me figure out what this is? Thanks.

Rangerwife

Asked by Rangerwife at 9:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Has she ate or gone somewhere new? Maybe changed the soap or detergent? If it doesn't seem to be bothering her than I would just wait.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I don't think anything in her diet or surrounds has changed. The rash itches a bit, but it doesn't seem to bother her most of the time.
    Rangerwife

Answer by Rangerwife at 10:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• without a fever, i don't think i would worry too much about it...but i would probably google it!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I checked on her had midnight, and she had the rash head to toe, so I took her to the ER. They said that she had had a reaction to a virus and to taking meds. She had a little cold and only took Motrin. I had no idea it could cause that. By morning the rash was gone and hasn't come back.
    Rangerwife

Answer by Rangerwife at 2:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2010