Do you ever get into the mindset that no one can handle your child(ren)?

Do you have a hyper child who you feel no one else can handle even if it is relatives or baby sitters?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes- then i remind myself that I was worse than they were, and I never succeeded at leaving the babysitter tied up in the closet with tape over his/her mouth. (even though I thought about it from time to time)

sometimes its hard for us to get past the fact that they are our children, and let someone else step in for a while. but we need that too, you know?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• YUP
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I know what you mean, my son still isn't talking so he screams, he's hyper unless he is sleep, hubby and I have a hard time keeping up with him and handling him (we're going to get him speech therapy). I'm afraid they will either spank him or will let him get hurt. I guess since he is our only child we are protective.
    Anonymous

• No, I am a believer in that it takes a villiage. I had a team of people assisting me in meeting my son's needs. From my parents, to in-laws, friends, coworkers....my son was born into a community of people who were eager to be a part of his life. As his parents we were appreciative of so many people who genuinly wanted to love him and to also love us by helping us care for him. For example: When my son was only two months old my husband and I had the flu and were vomiting, dizzy, and contagious. A good friend swooped into the rescuse and took our son to her home while my mother-in-law came to ours' to nurse us back to good health. Then she cleaned our home to get rid of the germs and picked up the baby to bring him back. If it were not for our viliage many times we would be stranded in providing the best possible care our son could have. I figure he can never have too many people to love him.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2010