baby movement at 29 weeks?????

ok so for the last few weeks my baby has been pretty active, kickin like crazy and moving around except for a few quiet days here and there. The last 2 days he has been pretty quiet but if I lay down I can feel 10 movements within an hour. At this time do they kick less or softer due to less room? I can feel "thumps" here and there but no really big kicks like usual. What do you think?

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 10:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are worried, talk to your doctor and get in. My little one was as active as they come in the womb. I think she kicked in her sleep. LOL But if this is something that is causing you to worry, you need to get in. The stress of worrying can be very unhealthy for you and your baby. (Plus, sometimes that nagging in the back of the mind is just mother intuition telling you to listen. It doesn't mean anything is wrong; but if mother intuition wants it checked out, I would check it out.)
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• If you feel something is not right, go to L&D and have things checked out. You must be concerned enough to have posted a question here! Or, call your doctor and ask what they think! They are running out of room at 29 weeks but there's still room in there to be active and kick like crazy.

Trust your intuition....better safe than sorry, trust me, I know.

But, as far as a kick count goes, you count significant movements, not just kicks. Baby is passing the kick count but if movement is "unusual" and you are worried, get it checked out for peace of mind :)
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 10:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Thanks ladies, I just got back from doing a non stress test and of course as soon as they hooked me up baby was as active as could be. Settled my mind tho!
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 1:48 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Yay! That is sooooo good to hear! That happens a lot...it's like they know lol
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 12:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2010