Concerned about Toxoplasmosis

I rescued a litter of kittens from under an elderly neighbors house right after Thanksgiving. I literally crawled around under the house to get them all. There was fecal matter everywhere! Plus the kittens scratched my arms like crazy. My concern was of digging around in the fecal matter And the risk of getting it from the kittens. I've read that kittens carry a high risk for Toxoplasmosis because they get it from their mothers milk and haven't had time to develop antibodies. For a few weeks after I was changing their litter box as well. A few weeks ago, I found out that I'm pregnant and would have been during the time of the kitten ordeal. My first prenatal appointment is in a few weeks and I will get tested then. I feel like i've already ruined my chances to have a healthy baby. Has anyone here ever contracted Toxoplasmosis during pregnancy and still had a healthy baby?

LuvMySavage

Asked by LuvMySavage at 10:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know much about it... you might be able to find some info here though:
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_toxoplasmosis-during-pregnancy_1461.bc
    good luck!
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 11:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2010