eating less but more feedings

My baby is 6 months old in a few days he will be 7 months old.. when he was 5 months old he ate 6 ounces-8 ounces of formula every feeding but he ate like every 5-6 hours.... and now he only wants to eat 4-5 ounces every 3-5 hours depending... but he will eat two servings of solids a day too... is this normal??? He's teething and my friend told me that when a baby teethes sometimes they dont want to eat anything at all... but hes only once in a while irritable and not able to sleep because of his teeth... otherwise he sleeps really good still... almost 12 hours a night on average... and a couple two hour naps sometimes three.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, going 5-6 hours between meals is entirely too long. I don't even go that long during the day and I'm a grown woman!

Every 3 hours is much better for him... 5 is pushing it, I would make sure he eats at least every 3-4.

So... nothing wrong with it. It's better for them to take smaller amounts more frequently.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I agree. small amounts more frequently are better for digestion anyway.
    andreabwdn

Answer by andreabwdn at 11:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2010