My first child was 8 days overdue, now i am pregnant with my second and i am just 9 days from my due date will my second be overdue like my first? I haven't had any prelabor symptoms at all!

jsimonds220

Asked by jsimonds220 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Who knows =\ My first was 6 days over due and my second came exactly 2 weeks early.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• The due period is 38-42 weeks. Do you mean past your due date or after the 42nd week?
    The EDD (estimated due date) is the mid-point in the average due period so you are very likely to birth within that time-frame, statistically. With your history, you might very well go past the EDD again, but there is no "Law" or "Rule."
    Also, you don't need to have any signs of labor until... it starts. OR you could have big contractions for weeks before labor begins~ and anything in-between.
    Best wishes!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• On average, 2nd babies come a little earlier than first babies. But my second was in no hurry at all. My son was born at 41.2 weeks, my daughter at 41.5 weeks. With my son, I had lots of cramping in the weeks before his birth, with my daughter, almost nothing I could feel until just a few days before her birth. Every pregnancy, every birth is different in some ways from previous ones. But until you're 42 weeks, you're still within the average, normal range and there's nothing to worry about.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• My first came 9 days after my due date. My daughter came 2.5 weeks before hers. I've heard the opposite of Eema though--- I was told that pregnancies generally get longer instead of shorter.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 1:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2010