How do I make this baby come faster?

I'm 40 weeks. I'm cranky, emotional, frustrated, and uncomfortable. My husband and I have walked, ate spicy foods and tons of pineapples....we've been doing it like crazy. How do I make this baby come faster?

tkangleton

Asked by tkangleton at 10:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Caster Oil.........Is this your first baby?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Meditate. You would be suprised how the whole mind over matter bit works. Give it a try. Nice flowing music, something with water. Envisioning the birthing process with the candles to concentrate on if needed. (Some people have a hard time with the eyes closed.) Walk yourself through what your body has to go through. Then walk it through what you want it to be like. Then set a date and a time in your mind. (Set it out by at least one day, but set it firm in your mind.) Envision everything as it is happening (or will be). Take yourself through what each time frame is going to look like. Really spend time on focusing on the details of everything. (Or some people find it easier to not focus but to let it flow naturally. But whatever you do, take your time and do not rush the meditation.) See if it works.
    Anonymous

• She's the first baby. My husband and I are just getting super antsy. We're going crazy just....waiting. It's so cold outside, we can't really go and do a whole lot, and walking around Wal-Mart and the mall get really old really fast.

I heard about the castor oil thing, but I also heard that'll make you really sick.

She's already over 9 pounds. It's just wicked frustrating.
    tkangleton

Answer by tkangleton at 10:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• ok.....is their like a bumpy road near your house. I heard that if you drive on a bumpy road it works. Also if it doenst hurt you if you have sex its supposed to help. Thats all the things I know about. GL
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• She'll come, just keep being patient. I'd stay away from the castor oil. It can be stressful for you and the baby. I've known of women who used it without success and just came away from it sore and not feeling good.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Like a pear on a tree, you can not force yourself/your baby to ripen. Nature will do it, in time. ;-)

You are only 40 weeks (mid-point of the 38-42 weeks due period) so try not to focus on This Day.

You know that the weight guestimates are just that: guesses. Your baby might be more than 9 or barely 7 pounds. As long as you work with your instincts through labor, you will do great!

See what you can do to become distracted. Focusing too much attention on it can release adrenaline which inhibits the labor progressing hormones (have you heard of "fight or flight"?).
    Busy yourself with other things and whenever Things start to happen it will be because your baby is ready for it (as well as mom & dad being ready). Makes it fair, lol! ;-)
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Accupressure - certain areas of the body send a pregnant woman into labor. Those same spots, when used early in pregnancy, usually cause a miscarriage - it was used for that reason in ancient times. But late in pregnancy they can help trigger labor. I had it done twice with my last baby (my chiropractor does it) - the first time at 39 weeks exactly and the 2nd time 6 days later - I was in labor the whole time but didn't progress, and had him 2 days after the 2nd session. It was the only thing other than drugs that helped - I was induced with 2 of my others and got a little pit with the last one too to speed things up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i agree with doulala. i suggest going to the movies. while you will have to get up a bunch to pee, you might not get to go to the movies for a loooong time. :) reading is another good thing that you might not be doing much in the next several weeks so you might want to pick up a couple of good books at the library to pass some time.

my son was born at 41 weeks so i know how you are feeling! it is just so hard always wondering WHEN! gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I tried everything anyone suggested and still had to be induced at 41wks lmao! Membranes stripped twice, tons of walking, tons of sex (hubby was getting tired of me forcing him to cum inside everytime lmao since that's wjhat softens the cervix or whatever) pedicures, cumin, bumpy roads, even accupuncture! Twice on accupuncture! She even sent the little electric currents and still nothing! My dd did not want out! They said she weighed almost 9lbs, but when she came out, only 7lb 5oz! I know it sux and uncomfortable, but enjoy it! Once the baby is out, its out! Enjoy one last movie, dinner, quiet time! Good luck mamas!
    lovnmybaby

Answer by lovnmybaby at 4:04 AM on Jan. 3, 2010