potty training

I am thinking about potty training my 12 month old son because it seems like he doesn't want to wear diapers. I have the worst time trying to change him and he screams the whole time (he doesnt have a diaper rash either). I was wondering if anyone has potty trained this early and possibly some advice on how to go about this.

kcandie

Asked by kcandie at 10:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Thats normal for him to scream. My child did that. I dont think your kid is old enough to understand the whole potty training thing. If you feel sure you want to try then when you get up and the morning and feed him, have him sit on the potty until he pees. That way he knows what its for.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• http://www.whattoexpect.com/toddler/potty-training.aspx

love this place ^
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 8:54 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• There is no way possible to potty train a one year old. Its impossible. A fully trained child decided by themselves they have to go, get up , go pee, dress themselves and go back to play. A one year old can not be taught to do this until well after the age of two. Before that, its the mother that is trained to know when the child pees and takes care of the process for the child, much like changing a diaper only your using underwear. Personally I rather change a diaper.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 10:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2010