ow ow ow OUCH!!! breastfeeders HELP!!!!

lol- my 6 month old ( he doesnt have teeth.... yet....) has been biting- no- gumming me- lol and it hurts! how do i stop him without quiting breast feeding? please help because i really want to stick this out as long as i can but the pain is too much!!

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Join breastfeeding mom's group.. in the information resources section there is a bunch of info about biting and how to stop it!

There is also a post entitled "When babies attack!" that you could look up and read.. :)
    Anonymous

• When he does it yell really loud like "OUCH" usually that will startle them into stopping that behavior.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• ha! I just asked the same question..(only my baby DOES have teeth!)
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 11:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• break suction and FIRMLY assert yourself (whether or not you say "OUCH!, Don't Bite" or whatever you choose) and do not give the breast back for several minutes, if you take the food away and make an unpleasant sound, they will get the picture. do it consistently and it shouldn't take long.

I'm a teething survivor. lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• probably teething. My middle child di this bad just before teething. When she did it I instantly stop BF'ing tell her that hurts firmly and pause for a moment then start again. They will make the connection if your consisitant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i have done the ouch thing and he laughs at me! lol i dont know what to do- i will try to take away the breast the next time he does it though but if that doesn't work what should i do?
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i had one baby that used to bite me if i read or talked on the phone while he breast fed. like op, remove the breast and say no or don't bite in a firm voice.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2010