summer camp (please help me)

hello- I am the summer camp coordinator for the daycare I work at. I am trying to think of ideas for a theme and activitys for the children. What are some things you look for when you sign you children up for summer camp? What made you pick that camp or didn't make you pick that camp? Please help me. I get a bonus if i get a cirtian amount of kids and I really want to make it a great summer for these children. Please Help me out

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 11:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• is it a day camp, week camp, what?
    SebsMom29

Answer by SebsMom29 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I worked at a camp last summer that was based on Harry Potter it was called "Care of Magical Creatures Camp" not that you need to do a wizzard theamed camp, but it was so much fun basing a camp on fairy tales and magic, the kids made fairy circles, we made juice in a couldron, a reptile lady came in with snakes (because they are related to dragons don't you know) we made wands and we had a blast. There are a ton of hit books and movies I bet you could come up with something easily that would be fun. I know the carnival theam is big right now, how fun would that be? You could do pop corn and have games, maybe get a magician one of the days??
    67mermaid

Answer by 67mermaid at 1:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2010