summer camp (please help me)

hello- I am the summer camp coordinator for the daycare I work at. I am trying to think of ideas for a theme and activitys for the children. What are some things you look for when you sign you children up for summer camp? What made you pick that camp or didn't make you pick that camp? Please help me. I get a bonus if i get a cirtian amount of kids and I really want to make it a great summer for these children. Please Help me out

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 11:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My 9-yr old DD attends a summer camp each year. We chose the summer day camp because they had several activities that were age appropriate such as swimming, hiking, crafts, movies, etc. She likes this camp becuase each week there is a different emphasis. Here are some that she has had in the past:

1) African Safari week - the kids made animal crafts, went to the zoo and watched Jumangi.
    2) America the Beautiful! - have a watermelon seed contest, have a cookout, visit a museum or go to the ice cream shop.
    3) Oh Canada -the kids visited the local ice rink, ate pancakes with maple syrup, and learned more about Canada.
    4) H2O Overload - the kids went to the waterpark for one day, played with water balloons, painted with water colors, etc.
    5) Outdoor Exploration - take the kids on a hike, have a scavanger hunt, etc.

I have several years of my daughter's summer events if you want more. Just contact me. Good Luck!
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 3:51 AM on Jan. 3, 2010