summer camp (please help me)

hello- I am the summer camp coordinator for the daycare I work at. I am trying to think of ideas for a theme and activitys for the children. What are some things you look for when you sign you children up for summer camp? What made you pick that camp or didn't make you pick that camp? Please help me. I get a bonus if i get a cirtian amount of kids and I really want to make it a great summer for these children. Please Help me out

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 11:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think it depends on the needs you have w/your child. My dd went to three camps last summer. The first thing I was looking for was something that she would find interesting enough to keep her attention,fun,safe and that would help her maybe build some life skills. She is 9 and has to have lots of physical and mental stimulation as she has ADHD. She did mini 4-H camp,a religious based one week sleep away camp and a YMCA day camp. The draw to the YMCA camp was that it was theamed and the week she attended they had "water week" It was not always swimming but all sorts of activities involving water play. I think my bigest concern for my dd is that she make friends and that the camp accepts no bullying. So far we have not encountered any but I have been very careful where I put my child. Good Luck. I am sure you will be able to come up with some really fun stuff for kids to do;)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:18 AM on Jan. 4, 2010