summer camp (please help me)

hello- I am the summer camp coordinator for the daycare I work at. I am trying to think of ideas for a theme and activitys for the children. What are some things you look for when you sign you children up for summer camp? What made you pick that camp or didn't make you pick that camp? Please help me. I get a bonus if i get a cirtian amount of kids and I really want to make it a great summer for these children. Please Help me out

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 11:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• What you can do with it depends on the age range. My son has only ever gone to sport specific summer camps, but I worked at a daycare for 8 years and I would try to think about the things you would really like to do with the kids but don't really have the time for in a regular day. My DS did do a summer get together thing at his school where they had theme days and the water day really went over big- sprinklers, water guns and balloons, maybe a paint day that could be outside or taken in if the weather is bad, sports day.....Will it mostly be kids you already know from the daycare? If so go with their interests, there always seems to be something the majority of kids gravitate to at daycare. Try to brainstorm the most fun messy outrageous activities you can think of and turn them into theme days. Can you take them somewhere like a museum?
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2010