How do I learn to be happy without being in a relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• first you need to be happy with yourself
    Anonymous

• But how?
    Anonymous

• Get passionate about something. Is there something you've always wanted to do? Go to school? A trip? I did a lot of self seeking and soul searching. Picked out things I didn't like about myself and figured out ways to change. My standards for men changed when I was done, and I found a healthier relationship.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• You need to love yourself fully and unconditionally. If you have trouble with this, then look in the mirror each day and say I love myself fully and unconditionally until you start believing it. Happiness is a choice.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• The trick is to find the things about being single that are great. Sprawl out all across the bed and enjoy not having to share to covers or the pillows. Go out on occasion with the girls, don't worry about answering to anyone about where you are going, flirt with random guys, and don't feel guilty. Spend all day with no make up lounging in your sweatpants. Whatever it is you like.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 12:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• GO GET U SOME PLAY TOYS AND THAT WILL MAKE U HAPPY ALL THE TIME ! ! L.O.L ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I'm not sure you ever will be TRULY happy being single. And that's ok, I'm a relationship kinda girl too, I don't see the problem. BUT, it becomes a problem when you are soo desperate to be in a relationship that you would pick, or rather..settle, for someone that isn't good for you. Or someone that doesn't bring you happiness and he is only filling a void. BE PICKY about the men you choose to date. Make a list of very specific likes, dislikes, and deal-breakers... STICK to your standards. Eventually you will find the right guy. The bonus is.... You will learn who you are along the way!! :) Most women try to change themselves for the man. Don't do that. Just find the right man for YOU. Good luck, I have been in your shoes. ;)
    jenmay44me

Answer by jenmay44me at 12:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Get a hobby & career, that will keep you busy. Make new friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

See these are some of the things I miss about being single and living alone lol....sigh...it's true that the grass is always greener eh....

Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:52 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Are you are looking for someone to make you happy? That's a lot to put on another person. It really sounds as if you are not happy with yourself. Relationships based on one person needing the person to make them happy are not healthy.
    When you are happy with yourself the right person will come along.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2010