When did you start showing/wearing maternity pants (2nd, 3rd, or 4th pregnancy)?

I am 9.5 weeks pregnant for the 3rd time and after wearing stretchy pants since right before Christmas, I went to put on my jeans for New Years to go out and I barely got them buttoned and they were so uncomfortable. There's no way I could have worn them like that. So I went downstairs and dug out my "early pregnancy" maternity jeans and it was like heaven! lol Btw, I gained 5 lbs in the first 7 weeks approx. but none since then.

So, when did you start having to wear maternity pants?

all4mymarine

Asked by all4mymarine at 11:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• baby 1 didnt have to tell i was 7 months! baby # 2 i was 4 months and needed to:( baby # 3 i am 7 weeks and have lost 2 pant sizes! my friend on the other hand is 9 weeks with baby #2 and has gained 7 lbs and is in pregnant pants!
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 11:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• depends on the frame of the women, I got a small frame so I started wearing when I was in the last of my first trimester , my sil has a slightly bigger frame and my other sil has a big frame so she never looked preggo just chunky!

pregnant belly

Anonymous

• I do not remember with my first, but with my second, a little before I was 20 weeks. Pregnancy clothes, especially the pants show off your belly better IMO :D
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• With #2 and #3 I had never really gotten out of them. I had 3 kids right in a row so I was still recovering from the last one. My maternity clothes were still in my drawers when I was pregnant with my 2nd and just rotated them into what I normally wore. With #3 I hadn't lost any of my weight from the 2nd pregnancy so I was still wearing my maternity clothes, lol. He was only 4 months old when I got pregnant again.
    With my 4th I had lost some weight over the years and my normal clothes were huge on me. I was able to wear my regular jeans until I was about 7 months. Then they were too tight around my waist. I had been showing for awhile, though. It was actually nice because before I was pregnant my pants were constantly falling down and I was pulling them up.
    This time I've probably got another month or so before my pants get too tight. I'm about 12 weeks right now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I guess I should add that I gave birth 5 months ago (lost all weight but 10lbs due to stress/grief) and that I did fertility meds and they always make me gain a little weight right off the bat.

I don't think it was the 5lb gain though because my jeans still fit everywhere else, they are just uncomfortable in the tummy. Maybe it's just because I'm bloated? But I think I started wearing maternity pants early in my last two pregnancies too just for comfort....can't remember exactly when though. Can't stand tightness around my belly!

Thanks for the replies!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 12:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Um i didnt wear materinity clothes, there ugly and not in style. The maternity clothes i do like are designer and i cant afford that now. I wear what i always wear. American Eagle Jeans/clothes, Hollister. i am 5'0 even and i was 119lbs before i got pregnant last july. I am now 135lbs but i have very small hips and waist. i wear a size 2 jeans and they are still big on me. I am also 27 weeks 2 days pregnant.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Actually there are some really cute maternity clothes that ARE in style. I have the cutest jeans and capri's and actually prefer the look of them to my regular jeans. These days, you could get away with wearing regular tops because they tend to be longer and stretchier. I wore regular tops till I was about 36 weeks with my last pregnancy and I got so many compliments from friends and strangers all the time about how cute I looked.

I never understood how people could wear regular jeans their whole pregnancy. Just seems really uncomfortable to me but I guess it depends on your body type but I'm pretty sure the majority of women do need some type of maternity clothing at some point. My question anyway was when did you start wearing maternity pants, not if....just wanted an idea as to when other people started needing them cause it seems like 9.5 weeks is early.

all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i wore maternity pants for work starting at 4 months w my first, but wore my regular jeans till 8 months. this time my jeans were already uncomfortable, so i went into maternity wear at about 8 weeks. i started showing early both times too.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:57 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I really started needing maternity pants in my 3rd month of pregnancy. Partly because of bloating but also because I started to poke out just a little.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 5:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2010