Do you cramp on one side or the other during your period?

I have never really thought about this until now but I only cramp on my left side... Is that normal or is there something wrong with my right ovary or something? What's your experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Before I got pregnant, I would always cramp on my right side. It would get so bad that the pain would shoot down my leg and through my foot. Now I'm 7 1/2 months PP and the cramps are always in my lower abdomen in the middle. I think it's normal, but if it's severe pain with heavy bleeding (like having to change a super tampon every hour), you may want to go see a doctor to make sure you don't have ovarian cysts. We get cysts on our ovaries every month, but sometimes they get out of control and can cause problems. Good luck!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Period cramps are all over, into my hips & everything. Ovulation cramps are on one side or the other (every other side each month). For me anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2010