Has anyone tried to sign their baby up for modeling???

chloesmom637

Asked by chloesmom637 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Entertainment

• Modeling jobs under the age of 3 are insanely hard to find, if possible at all. I have tried so I could build up her college fund, and unless you get lucky on one of the websites such as Cute Kid or a pageant in your area, you'll run into the same dead ends I have.

I have even contacted modeling agencies for just some general info and with the initial conversation without even seeing pictures, they have warned me that jobs are very scarce. Usually those places are going to offer you whatever because they want your money. =) There just isnt a big market out there for baby models.
    Anonymous

• Yea thats what I figured ..... While i was prego Gerber was looking for babies it was on tv and this girl i know supposedly had went to a casting call with her 3mth at the time but i dunno how true that was....
    chloesmom637

Answer by chloesmom637 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• My friend wanted me to sign my daughter up for a gap baby modeling contest so I did. They had 10 or so winners plus the pictures supposedly went to agencies looking for baby/child models. We of course did not win and no agencies contacted us. Once I seen the babies that one, I knew it wasn't for my daughter. It wasn't that they were cuter they were just more I don't know generic baby looking, does that make sense? My daughter has red hair and her ears are kind of big and that is probably not what people want.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• yea i know what your saying ... most are generic looking babies ... i guess i will have to wait awhile or do pagents ....
    chloesmom637

Answer by chloesmom637 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• There is a big business on people who market to those who want their baby to be a model: Photographers, angencies, pangeants...you'll spend far more money on contest fees, clothes and photos than your kid will ever make...just saying, beware.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• My older two modeled as babies, years ago. They're 16 and 14 now so I'm not sure if anything has changed, but the way it went then was they had an agent who found them work. They had to have work permits which were easy to obtain. The agent took a percentage of whatever money they made off the top, I believe it was 15-20 percent but I'm really not sure. Back then they paid $65 per hour. They were represented by a reputable modeling agency and I never paid a dime, just sent in snapshots and their measurements and the agency contacted me to register them, then when there was work in the area I would take them on go-sees and the client would decide if they wanted to use the kids. My kids only did print work, like for Target, Sears etc. I never did the pageant stuff, that seemed like too much work. You should be able to locate a reputable agency in the yellow pages but remember, you shouldn't have to pay any money at all.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Oh, and I live in a big city with a lot of agencies and a lot of businesses. I'm sure that was a factor in my kids getting work.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2010