If you blog, how did you arrive at a name for it?

Do you need the name when you set it up? I think I'll use blogger-looks simple enough, but I want a cute, snappy name. I'm guessing the name is part of the URL, so I'd need that to set it up.

Kelly913

Asked by Kelly913 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, first...what is your blog about? Is it about you...or your family....or just life in general? Once you know that, then it's easier. Ours/mine is about our family. I actually googled synonyms for family, and saw brood. So I named our blog blessedbrood. If you want help, let me know!
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 9:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• ok you mean like your ID name? or blog titles themselves? the idea name could be a cute nick name or a combo of 2 of your favorite things. and as far as naming my blogs(title) i usually wait till im done then do a name for them based on an overall feeling
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Yeah, the ID name-the name of the whole site, not each individual post. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Kelly913

Answer by Kelly913 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i meant id name not idea name sorry for the typo
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I've always called my kids monkeys, and it goes along with our last name kind of, so it stems from that. I return-address some of our mail that way too just for kicks (last name) Zoo, Monkey House. It works for us, and after a few years my kids are still monkeys so I'm glad I chose it the way I did!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I don't want to limit it to just one thing, but since my life is mostly about learning to raise animals right now, I was thinking the name should have to do with that. ____Farm or ________Homestead or something along those lines.

One name I liked in the recent past was Joyful Noise, but that insinuates that I like to sing but can't do it very well. While the part about not doing it well is true, I don't have much desire to sing.

Thanks ladies!
    Kelly913

Answer by Kelly913 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Remember, you dont' want the name to reflect that you are new at it, because you won't always be.
    Hmmm.....I will have to think on it for a little bit
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 10:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2010