Have you ever heard the saying, "I expect better from you." or "I raised you better than that!"

I think that is why some of us do think we are better than others. We were raised to be better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol i hear that all the time whe my mom walks in on me smoking or drinking something with alchol!! and whats even more funny is i tell my 14 yr old that when she makes poor decisions!! guess thats not as funny as it is sad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• My aunt said that to me when she found out I was pregnant at 24 and wasnt married. "you should know better than that." " I didnt raise you to be this simple and make such poor judements."

Then you can just imagine what I heard when I said, "well we decided not to be together anymore so now Im a single mom". Woooo she hit the roof
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 12:40 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Mom said this a million times to us! We were raised very old fashioned. We were expected to walk, talk and always act like a lady. We were constantly told that someone was always paying attention to what we said, and or did, so we should always act accordingly. (we grew up on a small island, so she WAS right!) When it came time to date, boys were thoroughly "screened" before we were allowed to go out with them. They had to come from a good family, not necessarily a wealthy family, but a family with a good reputation and not "trash". Also, we were taught that only sleezy girls had sex before they got married. I have to say that if I let a boy know that I wasn't going to "put out", they usually did one of two things: they either respected it and didn't push the issue, or they saw it as a challenge and something to conquer. (it didn't happen! I saved myself for my husband) I'm glad, and I'm raising my kids the same way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Not those comments exactly but ones VERY close. My personal favorite was "what will the neighbors think?" Personally, I really didn't give two hoots what the neighbors thought....LOL.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 10:19 AM on Jan. 3, 2010