The birds and the bees??? HELP!!! (NO BASHING)

Ok, my son just turned 8. I'm am due to have my 3rd child at the end of February. I wanted to take this oppertunity to explain to my son how babies are created and where they come from (its my son and my decision, an I think he is old enough to hear this). HOWEVER...I'm completely scared and haven't figured out how to explain it to him without "petrifying" him. He's not going to be in the room during the birth but I want him to know the absolute (maybe not all the gory details) truth about sex and boys and girls before he hears the other crap from "know-it-alls" at school.

How old were your child/ren and how did you explain this to them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Chances are good that he knows a lot more than you think he does and yes it is important for him to hear it from you. You may also want to get him a book on the subject geared towards kids...in case he doesn't feel comfortable coming to you with questions, he'll at least have a reference.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• A book is a good idea. Check your library and see if they have any books on pregnancy geared towards kids. it's a great jumping off point for the big talk or at least age appropriate parts of it.,
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:32 AM on Jan. 3, 2010