Is it weird of me to not care about having friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well describe more.. please
    I don't hang out with people but if I need them sometimes they are there and sometimes not.
    Recently I found out they all went out to dinner, but I wasn't invited and found the pictures on facebook. I think I am not invited to things so I really don't have friends either.
    No is not weird,but can be sad. :(
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• nope...my hubby is my best friend...that's all I need...I'm not too social
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I don't need friends. My family makes me happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I have a favorite cousin who I talk to on the phone once a week. I have two girlfriends in town who know me and know that I am not the person to call if you want to go out. They pop in for coffee every now and again. They know that I am here for them if they need me. They also know that my life is full with my husband and my children. I don't involve myself in anything that would take away from that.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 12:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• op here-i'm a shy type of person.The only friends i have are my family.My husband thinks i need friends, but i am perfectly happy as i am.He just doesn't seem to understand that.He is a more outgoing person and i'm just a homebody.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• On here, or in real life? Or both?

I don't think it's weird, as I am the same way. I choose not to add anyone as a friend on here due to past experiences with psycho stalkers. In real life, my Husband is my Best Friend, as is my Son, so I don't care that the "friends" I do have are rarely there unless they want to talk about themselves.

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth staying in contact with them even as rarely as it is. I'm uber busy with my Family and home anyway..I don't have much time for anything else and I love it!
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 12:47 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• OP, if you're happy as is - that's all that matters!
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 12:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• my husband tells me I need friends too. He should talk he has his brother and 1 good friend. He goes to his brothers and I bitch I think he wantes me to get friends so I caxn go out too. but I don't drink and my "so called" friends like to drink and go to the bars I don't. Maybe that is why I never get invited? besides one is a mom and her mom has the kids so she can go out partying.. she can't even bring her own son to basketball practice.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i'm a shy type of person.The only friends i have are my family.My husband thinks i need friends, but i am perfectly happy as i am.He just doesn't seem to understand that.He is a more outgoing person and i'm just a homebody.

I'm exactly like you and my husband is outgoing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I like having someone around that I can go out and have girly days with like manicures and shopping and such, and someone that I can go to when DH is deployed or TDY and know that I can just go and hang out and have a laugh, watch a movie, whatever. I don't have many friends because the women I have made friends with have almost all turned out to be two faced backstabbers who will talk about you behind your back and act pretty as you please to your face. I have two GOOD friends here, and then my sister but she lives 3000 miles away. But we talk all the time and I'm hoping we get orders back home to Texas so I can be closer to her! I think if you are TRULY happy without having a female friend, then by all means that might be what works best for you. DH shouldn't force you. If you want to make friends, try going out and going stuff you enjoy. You'll meet women with the same interests.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2010