What type of birth control do you use?

...and do you like it?

I have a Mirena and it's doing its job so far!

Mrs.Mack.

Asked by Mrs.Mack. at 12:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have the Mirena too. I like it because there is no worrying about birth control as it is effective for so long. I did gain about 30 pounds though, which I am not happy about. But the benefits have sure outweighed the negative.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:40 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Vasectomy! LOL works better than anything else, but before that we only used condoms and amazingly had planned babies. I tried the patch and it was fine till the reports of death and other probelms came out and i also tried the pill which screwed up my hormones so we felt that condoms were our best option. DH agreed that preventing my mood swings, insomnia, and general crankiness were worth the 5 seconds it took him to put a condom on.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• wow! I gained about that much too...I'm glad i'm not alone at that!
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 12:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I just got my Mirena put in on Monday so I don't know yet...but I did the shot for awhile & hated it (rapid weight gain, constant bleeding, etc) they even told me when I stopped it that it had caused problems & that there was a chance I wouldn't be able to get pregnant for at LEAST a couple of years. Because of that hubby & I didn't use any BC since I apparently couldn't get pregnant for awhile...a few months later I was pregnant LOL Our son is a miracle though, he was just meant to be here.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Nuva Ring.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Nothing.. i was on the patch before and it messed up how my blood clots.. after that i quit and now after our third and last child dh got a vasectomy.
    Craftymomof3

Answer by Craftymomof3 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Pull it out and pray. No not really I have a diaphragm, I'm probably the only person in the world my age who even knows what one is and how to use it but I do! we were using condoms but I'm allergic to the lubricant they use on them and they didn't have non lubricated in my husbands size at any of the usual stores so we just got me something. Oh and I was going to use Mirena but my OB actually told me not to get it because he had gotten a lot of complaints about them and I don't like the pill because it makes me insane.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I am on Implanon and i LOVE it. If you press on my upper inner arm you can see hte little rubber tooth pick size thingy under the skin. After the inital injection site healed, I haven't felt it at all. Some women have break thru bleeding, but after the first month I haven't have a problem with that at all. I have some light spotting eveyr 6-8 wks for a few days but thats it.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:04 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Both DH and I both got fixed with our last one over 10 years ago. We did it together(him in march, me in July) so there would be no chance of more and now I am wanting more but we are too old anyway so...
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 4:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Paragard for me
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 4:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2010