has this happened to anyone and what was it?

on dec 20 i thought i started my period but it was brown in color and lighter than my normal cycle and i have still been spotting since then. i want to know has this happened to someone else and what the doctors said or what was the cause i already made an appointment for this coming thurs

sweetlady0409

Asked by sweetlady0409 at 12:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This happened early in my pregnancy. It was old blood that got dislodged. It can be perfectly normal, but I'd keep you appt just to make sure you doctor knows.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I find it amazing how many people this actually affects. You hear about implantation bleeding and Sub-Chorionic Hematomas being rare from some...being common from others...and some have never even heard of either.

I went through this and felt so alone. Its actually why I started joining groups online. I couldnt seem to get a straight answer from my original Dr, everything I read online was terrifying etc.

Just be careful not to overworry yourself. I know it is hard as anything associated with blood during a pregnancy is usually considered a marker for miscarriage. But is more often then not....not going to be the case.

A few questions for you to better answer your question

1. How far along are you?
    2. Have you been in for an ultrasound
    3. You said "brown blood" were there clots as well? if so how big were the clots? Smaller then a quarter?
    4. Any Cramping or back aches?
    5. Are you bleeding or spotting?
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2010