When is too young and too old to have a baby?

We're the average mother in the world today so.....when is too young to have a child let alone to be a mother, and when is too old to be a mother?

Does our society really have an age limit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know most say "its noone's business" which is true but that doesnt mean we cant have opinions on the subject.

Personally, I think under 18 and over 42 are the "age limits".

I just think any younger and you really arent going to do your children much good cuz you are still learning and growing and maturing and are still considered a child by society which can make it harder. Over 42, you may be able to but your starting to face limits whether you like it or admit it or not and your body isnt what it used to be which can make it harder for you and your child/ren. Pregnancy is hard on a body and the older you are the harder it can be and then you have to consider your childs age and needs vs what your body can do as you continue to age. Seems most dont consider that and if they do its fleetingly which is sad.

Anonymous

• I honestly don' think its anyone's business how young or how old you should of shouldn't be to have a child. If your at a younger age and you seem to think your ready for a baby and you and the father and your family are prepared than who cares how young you or.... or if your an older women and your ready for one or ready for more, than thats your choice. Not mine or anyone elses. I had my children at 16, 18, 20 and 22. And I am very happy at the ages I had them. I wouldn't change a thing.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 1:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• My last child was born 8 months ago and I just turned 39. I'm done now. I think. Maybe. They are just so wonderful. You know another baby girl would even the odds. But I'm done now. I think.

I'll stop having babies when it stops being fun. At 39 it's still a hell of a lot of fun.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 1:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I don't think there is a to Old, but I would think to young is an age at which you are not mentally or emotionally prepared to handle a child and all that comes with it, and think that partying or whatever is more important then taking care of your baby, this can happy at any age though so i guess its jkust a mental age.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 1:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• To young would be a girl who is still being supported by her parents and she has no clue what she is doing. Could be 14 or 28. Too old I won't go there many people in their 50 and 60 have infant grandchildren dumped in their laps by their irresponsible children if they are good enough to raise grandchildren why not more of their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i fell pregnant with my daughter shortly after my 21st birthday.it wasnt planned and had only been with my partner a short time but i am so thankful that i had her when i did.it matured me in a way even though i was always a mature girl gowing up.my partner and i tried for our second child soon after having my daughter and fell pregnant when my daughter was 9 month old. if i was to wait until i was much older to start having kids i dont think i would have had the energy to have a 2nd and hold down a part time job.im 25 years old now with 2 kids, my daughter whos now almost 4 and my son who is 2.
    glasgowmummy

Answer by glasgowmummy at 5:59 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I can't speak for society or anyone else. People mature at different rates; people handle having children differently. For me there was never an age that was too young but I was 'mom' at the age of 10 too. Also, for me, any kids past 25 was too old for me since I had my first at 18.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I think certainly before legal age (18) is too young for legalities sake......but anything besides that its up to the individual
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2010