HELP!!! Hey has anyone been rushed to the ER because they weren't able to breathe while pregnant?

I just had the scare of my life. I was at a New Years gathereing and al of a sudden I started having a tightening in the middle of my chest. I drank some hot tea, but it didnt help. I couldnt sit all I could do was stand. My stomach tightened and would not budge. I then couldn't walk. They tried to let me ie down, but I couldnt breathe at all. Luckily my mom was there with me. I stripped completeley out of my top because I couldn't get any air. I then felt like I was blocking out and became very weak. I couldnt move my body. I then believed that I started having contractions maybe because the baby wasnt receiving any oxygen. I began throwing up continuously and then I was rushed in the ambulance to the ER and given oxygen on the way. They sent me home because everything stabilized but Im convinced that if the paramedics didnt come that would of been it for me. Has anyone else experienced anythingg similar. BTW Im 29 wk

BUBBLES1121

Asked by BUBBLES1121 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes i was 27 week and i was shopping i had the same stuff but with me but i couldnt breath and then all i remember is everything going white! luck for me we were close to a hospital my hubby took there and everythingh was ok they were worried about brain damage to the baby but luck for me 9 weeks later my son was born and just fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• not just while I was pregnant but yes, all those symptoms. It turned out to be a spastic diaphragm. The muscle that makes your lungs inhale and exhale. During pregnancy the baby can push against this muscle. They settled mine with valium (which you can take while pregnant if you have to) Also I learned to recognize early warnings and triggers and did some relaxation stuff. It sucks but it's not life threatening if you keep it under control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2010