Easy Peasy Recipes For a Family of Four?

Ok, so in a few days I am having a baby... I have a 16 month old... I would need to feed a family consisting of a bfing mom, my dh, my dd and my mil. Looking for slow cooker ideas, or little to no prep time things. Please help!!

Trinity0820

Asked by Trinity0820 at 1:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• allrecipes.com is a great site. I use it daily.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Send me a message offlist; I have tons of recipes, that I use regularly

Answer by rkoloms at 9:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• your family should be cooking for you - but if that is not going to happen, dont kill yourself - casseroles are always a good option because they can just be heated up
    Have you ever tried the "supper bakes" - they are usually by the hamburger helper in supermarkets - there is one with stuffing and a cream sauce that you just add skinless chicken breasts too that my family (and believe me, my kids are picky) really loves - just have that and open a can of cranberry sauce and you are done - easy
    happinessathome

Answer by happinessathome at 9:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I'd start by browning some ground meat with chopped onions, then divide it into 1 lb. portions, put it in baggies & freeze it. You can pop one in the crock pot along with some tomato juice, kidney or pinto beans &seasonings for chili. Another recipe is to add the browned meat to a can of cr of mushroom soup, can of water & frozen veggies for an easy stew, serve with biscuits. Browned meat with a can of cr of mushroom soup, served over egg noodles is another one. Browned meat topped with veggies & cr of mushroom soup, topped with tator tots or mashed potatoes & baked for 30 minutes.

You can roast a whole chicken in the crockpot. Season it, put it in the crock, cover & cook on low. Make a box of stuffing and heat a can or bag of veggies for the rest of the meal.

Put a beef roast in the crock, top with an envelope of dry onion soup mix & can of cr of mushroom soup, add 1/2 can water. Cook until tender, serve with gravy.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Quick, easy and healthy:

Funky Spaghetti
    Recipe created by Jamie Oliver

Ingredients:Serves 3–4

1 pound spaghetti or linguine
    11 to 14 ounces cherry tomatoes , red and yellow
    2 handfuls of fresh marjoram and basil , leaves picked
    6 to 8 glugs extra-virgin olive oil
    1 clove of garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
    Splash of red wine vinegar
    Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Put pasta in large pot of boiling water and cook until al dente. Halve tomatoes, put in bowl and add herbs, olive oil, garlic and vinegar.

Season to taste, then scrunch tomatoes until slightly mushed. Drain pasta, and while still steaming, mix with tomatoes.

Separate onto plates and serve.
    zoeygracesmom

Answer by zoeygracesmom at 12:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• boneless chicken breast on the bottom of crock
    box of dry stove top, add water and a can of cream of chicken soup
    cook on low for 4 hours careful not to over cook or stuffing will dry out

cubed steak or browned ground beef
    package of onion soup mix
    2 cans cream of mushroom soup w/one can water
    1/2 cup sour cream
    several shakes of worschestershire sauce
    pepper and parsley to taste
    combine all above and stir, cook on high for 4 hours or low 6-8 hours
    serve with cooked egg noodles

place pork chops on bottom of crockpot,,layer of sliced potatoes and onion is next
    Then add chopped cabbage and top of with a can of cream of mushroom soup and can of water mixed together first
    season w/pepper and parsley, heat on low 8 hours or 4 hours on high

If you want more ideas you can message me and I will give you more ideas. I love my crockpot and have a million ways to use it.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• In the first recipe I meant to say "stove top dressing", sorry about that
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2010