Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When a friend needs help with her drama

My friend A, has a 5 year old son, who she has basically raised by herself. The dad is a loser...he now has a loser , live in "baby mama" of his own ( she just had their 2nd son, which makes his 3rd). My friend and F ( father) were together until, right before his 1st b-day, when F locked them out of the house ( I guess he didnt realize A was the one who payed the bills) ...anyways, after that he barely seen his son...and then after he got together with the new mama, he said he would sign over his rights, which he never got around too...he then started trying to get back into his life- A credited to the new mama, and actually tried to be friends with them both, thinking her son could now have his father, and be in the life of his half brothers... well they would visit, then dissapear for a few months, come back into his life and hten leave again...after a year of this, she said he couldnt come around anymore ( cont. below)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (7)
  • so they didnt come around for like 10 months... none of this time has he ever paid child support or anything ( not even birthday or christmas cards) ... so when he claimed her son as a dependant on income taxes she turned him in.... which i think she should he and the new mama...have been basically filling up myspace pages and A's phone line...and anyone who would listen...lies about my friend.... saying she is a bad mom and they are going to take her son away ( she is probably the best mom ever...I honestly never met a mother who has given more for her child..) plus sooo many things...this has been going on for a year and no they have never tired to get visitation or custody of him.... My friends tries to ignore them and has turned them into the police for threatning her, neither has worked..she asked me what to do..but I have no idea what to tell her !

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • Ow too long...couldn't stay focused....sorry

    Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • She needs to keep that child away from them people and go after him for CS and press charges for all of this shit. this child is the one that is gonna pay for all of this in the long run so tell her to just get on with her life with her LO and keep this F loser out of the picture.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • yea she has kept her son away from him for over a year now...she has even moved to another city...but her family is all here...and when the losers cannot get ahold of her, tey get ahold of her family members.....

    she has filled for CS ...he quit his job right after ( seriously !!!) he ows her 1000s....

    she has went to the cops...but we live in a crappy town where its like in the movies with all of the bad cops.....his uncle is a cop, so nothing is ever done ( she has went more than once, talked to differnt people, etc)

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • Tell her to try talking to the state police instead of the townies...since the uncle is a townie maybe the staties can step in and help her....

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • Social services has child support enforcment. They can help with that. She needs to file for the flamitory statements in court for defimation of character. She can sue but the reality is that it sounds like he has no money. That would be why he did not sign over his rights to the child. It takes money. There are family court options she can use. Its a pay based on income for legal services. She can apply for sole custody and continue to rake up his bill for child support. She also needs to be firm with the police that he is stalking her when he constantly tries to contact her through her phone and family. If she fears him get a restraining order. It isnt easy to do all this but its very nessassry some times. Either she can let him destroy her life or take the steps to stop him.

    Answer by Roharn at 4:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • I will ask her if she thought about going to the state instead of the townies...

    It is mostly the new baby mama who is doing all of this... and you wouldnt think htye have money ( they live in a low income apt. complex....and the kids always look dirty) ...but yet in the past year they have bought 2 new cars and a 4 he should be paying child support

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.