I am going to be putting Marc in the same room with Nick soon, when he is 8 weeks old, how do I get to him and feed him and get him back to sllep, with out bothering Nick?

Nick is only 14 months old, and a pretty light sleeper, even tough we have had constant music in his room since he was born.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in General Parenting

• My 2 yr old, and my 1 yr old have always been in the same room, and I used to have that problem too. At first she would wake up when I was taking care of the yonger one, and I would give her some more to drink, and let her cry for a few minutes (she was just tired), or she would just fall back to sleep. It only took a few weeks, and then she didn't even notice me coming in anymore. And eventually the younger one will stop needing you in the middle of the night.
    lynenedubbels

Answer by lynenedubbels at 3:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• before i moved my son out of our room and into his room with his sister i made sure that his nighly feeding schedule was solid. so if he was going to wake up at 3:00 am i would set my alarm clock for 2:50, that gave me enough time to warm bottle, get diapers and thing like that ready so that way when 3:00 rolled around he wouldn't start crying and if he did he wouldn't be crying for long.
    mom2gavahnyaand

Answer by mom2gavahnyaand at 3:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My sons share a room and there is enough room and the room is set up right that I have my 5 year olds bed on one side of the room and the crib is by the door. So he really doesn't get bothered and too when the baby was smaller I would take him in another room and feed him.
    kewtie

Answer by kewtie at 8:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2008