what do you think of the name Alice?

Just what does it make you think of? Like does it sound really feminine, or not so much? does it sound dorky/old ladyish/trendy/whatever?

thanks for your opinions. i'm not sure how i feel about it myself but i do think i like the nickname possibility of Ali. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it is a nice name. Not too feminine but not yucky. It used to be oldyladyish but it isn't anymore.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• sweet, classic. I like it! Love that it is a normal name and yet you don't hear it often. If I ever have any more girls I may have to have that name on my list
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I think of the waitress from MEL'S DINNER if you are 25-30 or younger then you are gonna have not a clue of what i am talking about but I am 33 and I remember the show. It was a really funny show. I like the nick name also . I think the name "Alice is a very pretty name I would just never name my child that. You name your child whatever you feel is right Don't worry about what others have to say. Congrats and Good Luck.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I'm 31 and totally remember that show! LOL!

I think the name Alice is nice, and classic, not pretentious like some of these names I've heard lately! It reminds me of the lady from Monsoon Wedding. If you haven't seen it, it's a wonderful movie, BTW!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 4:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I love it. Makes me think of my grandma. No not the old lady part. The part where she would wish the beat for any one. Forgave every one who wronged her. And was just about the most loving person on this planit. That what the name Alice says to me. But you need to know that we all learn to live with our names. It may be perfict and they hat it. Or like me (rosharn) have a bizzar name but learn to love it. If you realy love the name I bet she will too.
    Roharn

Answer by Roharn at 5:35 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I like it a lot more then its counter part alicia. but I still wouldn't name my child it. it sounds sweet. I really like the french pronunciation it sound like Aleese? does that make sense?
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 7:07 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I like it!! I like the old fashioned, feminine, pretty names. I can't stand trendy names.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:48 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Its ok
    Maryl57

Answer by Maryl57 at 8:17 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Makes me think someone is trying to name after the Twilight series.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I think of Alice in Wonderland - I would use it as a middle name, not sure if I would for a first name. I mean it's nice- but especially with the movie coming out this year...*and then there are the Twilight lovers who would think of that Alice too
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:51 AM on Jan. 3, 2010